Germany is an amazing country. Lush green landscape, soaring mountains, historical sites and a beautiful coastline; all wrapped in an affordable package. It is ideal for a vacation with family and kids, for hiking trips and cruises. The beaches offer a spectacular sea-view and pleasurable stay in elegant hotels. The country is charged with emotions from wars and destruction. The adventure is so amazing that it is not possible to capture fully in any book or travel series.
Here is a list of must-see places in Germany:
- Start with Berlin. The architecture from the Baroque period will take your breath away. The city houses one of the world’s best zoos and finest orchestras. Visit the historical Berlin Wall and the bustling Gendarmenmarkt as well.
- Munich was intensely affected during both the world wars. The remnants of buildings from the tragic period make a visit to this city an emotionally stirring experience. Munich’s ‘Oktoberfest’ is a 15 day long celebration known for exhilarating carnivals, parades and authentic German Ale!
- Cologne is another German city with a touch of history. The Roman Towers and the Cologne Cathedral and Museum Ludwig will be a captivating experience.
- Dusseldorf is a modern city with high end stores in the lively shopping street, with something for art lovers as well in the Museum Kunst Palast.
- The Romantic Rhine River Valley offers cruise rides along-side beautiful castles. The Valley is also a favourite among hikers due to the hills between these castles. You get to see some pretty little German towns too.
- For a wisp of myth with tales of witches and werewolves, visit the Black Forest. The hills and woods here make for breath-taking scenery.
- For more of the German war sites, you can go to Dachau. It was a concentration camp, and nearby is a statue bearing the words ‘Never Again’, a sincere promise by the Germans to show their solidarity.
- Heidelberg is home to the oldest University in Germany. Take a pleasant walk around Gothic lanes, through the 18th century bridge of Alte Brucke, into the Heidelberg Castle, the heart of the city.
Travelling is made all the more pocket-friendly due to a variety of personal loans offered by banks. While applying for a loan, you might be asked to take along a PPI. To know better about this policy, kindly contact claims management firms to protect you from missold ppi.
PPI is otherwise known as payment protection insurance and has been mis sold to customers who have applied for a credit card, mortgage or loan agreement to protect their payments should they ever become unemployed, be involved in an accident or become too poorly to work and make repayments to their credit policy. Although this sounds like the most secure thing to do, it has in fact been mis sold to many customers who will never need nor be able to make a claim on it.
This article was contributed by Zara, a part time blogger who writes on different topics ranging from marketing to finance to lifestyle. She works for a PPI Claims firm. She has written many articles about how to make a compensation claims.